Koi Pond Aeration
Why aerate a Koi pond?
- Aids circulation.
- Increases biological filtration (aerobic bacteria).
- Resolves hazardous oxygen sags during; low air pressure, hot weather and pond treatments.
- Lifeline during pump failure.
How much air should you add to you Koi Pond?
- 40lpm per 1000 gallons is a good guide for Koi ponds.
- Hot weather - typically June-September.
- During pond treatments - potassium, algaecides etc.
- When keeping Oxygen demanding species - Sturgeon, Sterlets, Gudgeon etc.
- Periods of low air pressure.